cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure abd read data with STWIN.box

AkaPaDa_18
Associate III

Hello ,

I recently bought the STWIN.box core system board (STEVAL-STWBXCS1), so I don't know everything about it. I would like to carry out a predictive maintenance project. I followed the steps below:

1- flash the binary file with STM32CubeProgrammer

2- acquire the data with hsdatalog_GUI.py, the DATALOG2 firmware script. So far, so good.

3- Generate the IA library via NanoEdge Studio.

In this step, I wanted to acquire the data directly on NanoEdge Studio AI, but the COM port of the STWIN.box is not recognized, so acquisition is impossible.

AkaPaDa_18_0-1694676545454.png

I understand that the firmware uses a DFU mode and not a CDC so windows 10 doesn't recognize it. Is this correct? If so, how can I change this?

AkaPaDa_18_1-1694676590371.png

But I did it another way, and managed to generate the NanoEdge IA library by importing the data files.

4- integrate the generated library into the project. How do I do this? Are there any tutorials?

After this step I'd like to know how to connect the STWIN.box to tera term to read the acquisition data. I understand that the HSDPython_SDK functions only allow acquisition. Can they also read the data?

Best regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SimonePradolini
ST Employee

Hi @AkaPaDa_18 

referring also to this, this and this, DATALOG2 firmware for STWIN.box is not streaming data via UART (VCOM port) from STLink.

For DATALOG2, developed a specific USB class (the Multi_Sensor_Streaming you already highlighted) that allow the firmware streaming data up to 6Mbps.

DATALOG2 is not the Datalogger used in NanoedgeAIStudio, as stated here in the tool:Screenshot 2023-10-12 095022.jpg

If you would like to use the NanoedgeAIStudio online logger, you must manually flash the proper STM32-NANOEDGE-DATALOGGER firmware from the github link available in the tool on the STWIN.box before using the board. 

This STM32-NANOEDGE-DATALOGGER is streaming data via UART (VCOM port) from STLink.

If this hint solves your issue, please close all the threads you opened on the topic.

Best regards

Simone

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SimonePradolini
ST Employee

Hi @AkaPaDa_18 

referring also to this, this and this, DATALOG2 firmware for STWIN.box is not streaming data via UART (VCOM port) from STLink.

For DATALOG2, developed a specific USB class (the Multi_Sensor_Streaming you already highlighted) that allow the firmware streaming data up to 6Mbps.

DATALOG2 is not the Datalogger used in NanoedgeAIStudio, as stated here in the tool:Screenshot 2023-10-12 095022.jpg

If you would like to use the NanoedgeAIStudio online logger, you must manually flash the proper STM32-NANOEDGE-DATALOGGER firmware from the github link available in the tool on the STWIN.box before using the board. 

This STM32-NANOEDGE-DATALOGGER is streaming data via UART (VCOM port) from STLink.

If this hint solves your issue, please close all the threads you opened on the topic.

Best regards

Simone

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello @SimonePradolini ,

Thanks for your reply. i think it's the solution of all my issues in this subject.

i'm going to continue and if i have problems can write you to ask questions?

Thanks again!

Best regards