cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change NRST pin to a interrupt input pin on the G031?

TVan .2
Associate II

How to change NRST pin to a interrupt input pin on the G031?

7 REPLIES 7
TDK
Guru

The NRST pin function is fixed and cannot be changed.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

I read that it could be an interrupt input also or wake-up. I tought the example also showed this function, but I don't understand how.​

TDK
Guru

Where did you read that? Link the example.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

STM32Cube_FW_G0_V1.3.0\Projects\STM32G0316-DISCO\Demonstrations --> check this one + docu

Andreas Bolsch
Lead II

You're asking for trouble, but if you like: RM0444, 3.7.7: by bits NRST_MODE in FLASH_OPTR the NRST pin can be configured to be PF02.

However, I'd think twice before doing that, and only if I'm quite desperately in need of an extra GPIO pin ... And don't forget that even if programmed as

PF02, there are short periods where this pin is still actively driven by the internal reset logic, that's the warning in 5.1.2 ibid.

Dear,

We need it as PA0, since we need to be able to call a wakeup and we also need I2C2, so that is the only option. Just using the chip how it should be used!

Greetings

Thomas Van Aken​

TDK
Guru

Oh wow, it actually is possible to remap NRST as a GPIO pin on the G0 series! I stand corrected. That's asking for trouble IMO.

0693W000001cTMzQAM.png