cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash Download failed - Could not load file .axf

LimoGr
Associate II

Hi! I am working on a project using a STM32f407 board, I wrote the code but when I try to load it, an error shows. I saw a similar problem but the solutions didnt work for me. Here is the build output0693W00000aIHLuQAO.jpg0693W00000aIHImQAO.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Then try to select compiler v.6. If this won't help, the Keil support is here.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @LimoGr​ 

You may need to check this thread. Try Options-> C/C++ -> Preprocessor Symbols then Define: Enter USE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER instead of USE_STDPERIPH_dRIVER, STM32F4XX, HSE_VELUE=8000000.

Does this answer your question?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

LimoGr
Associate II

Hi! I actually tried that but it didnt work because I think the problem here is in the compiler as the build output says target 'keil_tx' uses ARM-Compiler 'Default Compiler Version 5' which is not available. But I do not understand what should I do

Pick a compiler that IS available, or perhaps reinstall Keil properly?

Did it install Version 6, or were you trying to use the GNU/GCC compilers?

You can't download the .AXF because the build did not complete.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
FBL
ST Employee

Indeed, you may need to change the missing compiler. Try to change default ARM compiler version and see if it works.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

LimoGr
Associate II

Keil was installed properly, the issue was with the compiler and as I said I am a beginner and only getting familiar with this software. the solution is here :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5SrhXUHYu4&ab_channel=EasyElectric

Then try to select compiler v.6. If this won't help, the Keil support is here.

Thank you! It is working perfectly!