Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External RAM for FrameBuffer on STM32H7S7L8

Leo99
Associate II

Good morning to all,
I’d like to ask your advice.
I have to insert an external RAM for the framebuffer because the internal one is not enough for LCD that I will drive (LCD-TFT LVDS 7 inch 1024x600).
Which external RAM do you recommend? Could a QuadSPI work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

You can use HSPI interface. You can refer to the STM32H7S78-DK board as reference (using APS256XXN-OBR memory):

SofLit_0-1719239743231.png

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Leo99
Associate II

I add that I have a micro LQFP176 pin.
Do I have to use the FMC? Quad or Octo SPI?

Hello,

You can use HSPI interface. You can refer to the STM32H7S78-DK board as reference (using APS256XXN-OBR memory):

SofLit_0-1719239743231.png

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you! 
The problem is that in the package LQFP that I’m using it is not available the HexaSPI only Octa.

In that case use it in Octal mode:

SofLit_1-1719244610393.png

Perfect, thank you very much!

BarryWhit
Senior

Knowledge Base: How to set up the FMC peripheral to interface with the SDRAM IS42S16800F-6BLI from ISSI 

- If a post has answered your question, please acknowledge the help you received by clicking "Accept as Solution".
- Once you've solved your issue, please consider posting a summary of any additional details you've learned. Your new knowledge may help others in the future.