cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couldnt understand the pinout of nucleo board, same pin is mentioned with 2 GPIO pins

skuma.8
Associate III

I couldn't understand the pinout of the nucleo board

skuma8_0-1722255421502.png

Here in CN8 the blue side pins is mentioned with both D43 and PC8. same in CN7 pin number 1 is mentioned with both PC6 and D16. But which of pin is actually connected to this specific header.

6 REPLIES 6
KnarfB
Principal III

The A... and D... names are just for Arduino reference. The STM32 names whcih you also find in the data sheet, STM32CubeMX,... start with P for Port and a one letter + a decimal number in range 0..15 like PC8 etc..

hth

KnarfB

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

Look at the schematics.

They are probably connected to both the CN8 and the CN7 pins.  <--  Sorry, I misread the question; it is as @KnarfB said.

Again, that would be clear from the schematics.

Also, the User Manual has tables showing which connector pins connect to what STM32 Port pins:

D43 on CN8 connects to PC8 on the STM32:

AndrewNeil_0-1722258488785.png

D16 on CN7 connects to PC6 on the STM32:

AndrewNeil_1-1722258592596.png

The Dxx pins are Arduino / Nucleo Morpho designators, not to be confused with PDx pins on GPIO Bank D

Other Pxy designations are for the IC. Check schematics and data sheet to assuage confusion and doubt..

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thanks for the clarifications.

Refering to the schematic, I am left with one more confusion.

skuma8_0-1722317009902.png

Here in CN5 , referring to D11,12 & 13, lets say in D11, am I right that if the SB20 jumper is closed then the D11 is connected tp PB15 of the microcontroller and if SB40 is closed then it is connected to PA7 of the STM mcu right ?

@skuma.8 wrote:

if the SB20 jumper is closed then the D11 is connected tp PB15 of the microcontroller and if SB40 is closed then it is connected to PA7 of the STM mcu right ?

Correct.

SB = solder bridge. So you need a soldering iron to open/close. The user manual should have the default settings of those for your board.

hth

KnarfB