cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could you kindly share any reference schematics for SPI EEPROM M95P32-I interfacing with STM32 MCU?

SR NA.2
Associate II

Could you kindly share any reference schematics for SPI EEPROM M95P32-I interfacing with STM32 MCU preferably STM32U585?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TLLAM.1
ST Employee

Hi Sreejith,

The STM32U5 has 2 types of SPI interface :

• Single SPI
  • OctoSPI

The Single SPI interface can only communicate with the M95P32-I in single SPI

This is why I suggest you to use the OctoSPI interface as it can manage single, dual, quad or Octo SPI.

In that way, you will have the flexibility to communicate with the M95P32-I in single, dual or quad SPI.

Please find attached an example of how the STM32U5 communicates with the M95P32-I

Best Regards,

Thomas

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TLLAM.1
ST Employee

Hi,

Thanks for contacting our ST community support.

Which SPI modes do you want to interface with the M95P32-I ?

Single, dual or Quad SPI ?

For your information, the M95P32 Dual and Quad SPI are output only (only for reading operations)

Thanks,

Best regards,

Thomas

SR NA.2
Associate II

Hi Thomas,

Hope you are doing great.

In our project we will be using Single/Dual SPI and not Quad SPI.

Could you please provide reference schematics on Single/ Dual SPI of M95P32-I interfacing with STM32U585ZIT6?

Best Regards,

Sreejith

TLLAM.1
ST Employee

Hi Sreejith,

The STM32U5 has 2 types of SPI interface :

• Single SPI
  • OctoSPI

The Single SPI interface can only communicate with the M95P32-I in single SPI

This is why I suggest you to use the OctoSPI interface as it can manage single, dual, quad or Octo SPI.

In that way, you will have the flexibility to communicate with the M95P32-I in single, dual or quad SPI.

Please find attached an example of how the STM32U5 communicates with the M95P32-I

Best Regards,

Thomas

SR NA.2
Associate II

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for the response.

As of now we are going with single SPI. But we will consider the recommendation of choosing Quad SPI and shall revert back if I have further queries.

Thank you once again for your tremendous support.

Best Regards,

Sreejith R Nair

Professional-I

Capgemini Engineering

Hi Thomas,

Greetings.

Could you kindly clarify on the following point:

If we are going with single SPI interface, whether we need to use pull-up resistors for HOLD (Pin#7) and W (Write Protect, Pin#3) pins as it is mentioned in the datasheet of M95P32-I (Section 4.1) that these signals, the write protect (W) and hold (HOLD) signals must be driven high or low as appropriate. If so, please mention the pull-up resistor values.

Regards,

Sreejith

Professional I

Capgemini Engineering

Hi Sreejith,

You can use these resistor values :

Write protect : 4.7K

HOLD : 100K

Best Regards,

Thomas