cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use disabling of certain low-power timer (LPTIMx) by clearing the ENABLE bit in the LPTIM_CRx register safely if no interrupts from LPTIMx are used to wake up MCU from Stop mode?

Vladimir Yakovlev
Associate

Clarification: Can I be sure that the case in Errata sheet ES0491 "Device may remain stuck in LPTIM interrupt when entering Stop mode" never occurs for certain LPTIMx if no interrupts within it are used to wake up MCU from Stop mode and disabling of LPTIMx by clearing the ENABLE bit in the LPTIM_CRx register can be used safely?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @Vladimir Yakovlev​ ,

I think that the difficulty here is how to make sure that "no interrupts within it are used to wake up MCU from Stop mode".

Based on the following table from reference manual RM0468, LPTIM interrupts will cause the device to exit Stop mode:

0693W00000Dm0v5QAB.png-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @Vladimir Yakovlev​ ,

I think that the difficulty here is how to make sure that "no interrupts within it are used to wake up MCU from Stop mode".

Based on the following table from reference manual RM0468, LPTIM interrupts will cause the device to exit Stop mode:

0693W00000Dm0v5QAB.png-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.