cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN Communication U5A5ZJ-Q

lfresnay
Associate II

Hello

It's been days now that I'm trying to work with the CAN Communication on the U5A5ZJ-Q. I couldn't find any documentation on it (aside from the FDCAN), Hence, I would like to get some documentation on the board since there are CAN Tx and CAN Rx pins on the board but nothing such as this is mentioned in the documentation i could find.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

To work with FDCAN with NUCLEO-U5A5ZJ-Q board you have to add an external FDCAN transceiver when working in normal mode with at least two nodes on the bus. You can run CAN in Loopback mode without transceiver inspiring from the example provided in STM32CubeU5  under /Projects/STM32U575I-EV/Examples/FDCAN/FDCAN_Loopback.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

To work with FDCAN with NUCLEO-U5A5ZJ-Q board you have to add an external FDCAN transceiver when working in normal mode with at least two nodes on the bus. You can run CAN in Loopback mode without transceiver inspiring from the example provided in STM32CubeU5  under /Projects/STM32U575I-EV/Examples/FDCAN/FDCAN_Loopback.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.