cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSP Audio STM32F756G- DISCO

F15javi
Associate

Hello, I am trying to play wav audio files from and sd card. The reading of the data works fine but the BSP_AUDIO_OUT_Play doesnt work, It get stuck inside the Dafult handler infinite loop. 

F15javi_1-1714211145939.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
F15javi
Associate

Hello everyone, I was able to make it work. Here you have bachelor thesis Myproject from github.

You need to modify the SAI configuration like this.

F15javi_0-1715765442227.png

In the sound.c from my project you have a one shot task that will read a wav file and play the audio. 

things to take in concideration, if you are going to use RTOS, if a task with higher pririty than the one play the sound is call and start running the audio will stuck in a infinte loop waiting for the dma.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @F15javi and welcome to the community 🙂,

Could you please take a look at the examples in STM32CubeF7 firmware package and get inspired to configure your owner project:

• \STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.17.1\Projects\STM32746G-Discovery\Applications\Audio\Audio_playback_and_record
  • \STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.17.1\Projects\STM32746G-Discovery\Applications\FatFs\FatFs_uSD

Could you please check this post may help you.

Thank you.

Kaouthar.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

AScha.3
Chief II

Hi,

I am trying to play wav audio files from and sd card.

Great idea...i had also, 3 y ago. 🙂

Player running fine...can play wav, flac, mp3 ; from SDcard and USB stick; to ES9038 DAC via SAI ;

now with small TFT on SPI , and ESP for wifi/web radio ;

but i didnt use touchGFX or any BSP files , i made it myself, as i planned . 🙂

So about the BSP not working...no surprise. I also had no luck with these useless "examples" ...

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

@AScha.3 wrote:

but i didnt use touchGFX or any BSP files , i made it myself, as i planned . 🙂

Hey, im facing the same issue. Would it be possible, to upload your code?

F15javi
Associate

Hello everyone, I was able to make it work. Here you have bachelor thesis Myproject from github.

You need to modify the SAI configuration like this.

F15javi_0-1715765442227.png

In the sound.c from my project you have a one shot task that will read a wav file and play the audio. 

things to take in concideration, if you are going to use RTOS, if a task with higher pririty than the one play the sound is call and start running the audio will stuck in a infinte loop waiting for the dma.