cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOOT0 pin and BOOT bits

tomm5771
Associate II

I am using an STM32 G474RE NUCLEO board. Is it necessary for me to configure the BOOT0 pin and the BOOT bits in the FLASH_OPTR register if I am going to program the chip using the SWDIO and SWCLK pins with an ST-LINK V2?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

No need to touch anyhting if you plan to use the debug.

Keep boot0 pin tied to GND and Boot bits to default state.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

No need to touch anyhting if you plan to use the debug.

Keep boot0 pin tied to GND and Boot bits to default state.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
roger99
Associate II

Hello,

Reading this thread I need a bit of clarity.

I currently use mostly STM32L series controllers. On board builds I use PA13,PA14 to a simple 5 pin header along with VDD, GND and nRST. I use the ST-LINK pod to flash and debug. I'm using IAR EWARM to program and debug, this has been working fine for years.

I want to move to the STM32G series. If I plan to use the G0 devices in the same manner as with the L4, do I need to add a (0 ohm) pull down to GND on SWCLK (PA14-BOOT0)?  If doing this will this allow it to boot normally with the ST-LINK attached?I'm under the impression that it will but don't want to commit to a build unless I do. The post above from SofLit says: "Keep boot0 pin tied to GND and Boot bits to default state." I assume the NUCLEO board has a shunt/pull down attached to PA14...

I think I understand that I can then change the bits at some point to change the flash mode if required.

Thanks!

Gary

Hello @roger99 ,

I suggest you to open a new thread for your questions.

Thank you for your understanding.