cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beginner`s ask for help to flash the STM32

Vilius
Associate II

Hi,

I am an absolute beginner in STM32 ecosystem. This is my first time programing an STM32. My MCU is STM32F756VGH6 in TFBGA100 package. I wrote a simple led blink program and encountered a problem while trying to flash the MCU (got some kind of error while trying to flash directly from the STM32CubeIDE). After consulting with my friend, I tried only building the project in the STM32CubeIDE and using STM32CubeProgrammer to flash the MCU. However, there was no luck yet... While trying to flash the .elf file from the project`s debug folder I was constantly getting error ,,Problem ocurred while trying to connect". I guess its worth mentioning that I was also constantly getting message that I should update my stlink`s firmware, but that process was not successful either.

For the record, my stlink is not an original one (picture down below), but it worked for my friend, and also a few years ago I programmed an STM8 with it, so I guess this should not cause any problems - the programmer has to be working.

I made sure that my wiring is correct, I am getting the 3.3V where it has to be... I made a custom PCB just for the TFBGA100 to 2.54 header adapter and already put solid amount of decoupling smd capacitors on the other side of the board, I believe it has nothing to do with hardware also...

I tried to connect the stlink`s RST pin with NRST pin on the MCU, also tried to connect a reset button with a pull-down resistor and capacitor to it, I have not noticed any difference...

What else could be wrong? Any hints or observations? Thank you in advance

Sorry for the extensive post, just wanted to get in front of some of the obvious and regular answers...

41 REPLIES 41

And bypass_reg and pdr_on ?

Ok, those seemed to be my problem. Now I can get my stlink to connect to the STM32, thank you for all this journey with me