cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assistance with interfacing ST4SI2M0020TPIFW to Micro controller like STM32 ,Arduino, ESP32 and Rasp

sumeers
Associate

I am writing to inquire about how to interface the ST4SI2M0020TPIFW eSIM monolithic IC with a microcontroller .

I understand that the ST4SI2M0020TPIFW does not have any UART, SPI, or I2C pins. However, it is a monolithic IC that is designed to be integrated into a larger system. The system would then provide the necessary communication interface to the microcontroller.

The IC does not have any UART, SPI, or I2C pins, so I am wondering if it is possible to implement a custom communication protocol using the GPIO pins.

I am not aware of any dedicated eSIM communication drivers that are compatible with the ST4SI2M0020TPIFW.

I would like to request assistance in interfacing the ST4SI2M0020TPIFW with any microcontroller like STM32 ,Arduino, ESP32 and Raspberry pi zero W.

However, I am not sure how to proceed with this. I would appreciate any guidance you can provide.

2 REPLIES 2

Perhaps looks at STM32 EVAL boards supporting "Smart Card"

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

From the ST product web page... "The device is based on the ST33G1M2M" and "ST33GxxxM ... offers a serial communication interface fully compatible with the ISO/IEC 7816-3 standard (T=0, T=1) and a single-wire protocol (SWP) interface for communication with a near field communication (NFC) router in SIM/NFC applications. An SPI Master/Slave interface is also available for communication in non-SIM applications."

This is the only one listed eval. board: https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/b-l462e-cell1.html

Hope this answers the question how to interface this thing to a STM32.