cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternatives to STM32L4A6ZG?

CKugl.1
Senior II

I can't get the SDMMC working with DMA on the STM32L4A6ZG, so I'm looking for alternatives. I've already started down the path with the NUCLEO-144, so I'd prefer something that I can get on that. I've heard (from Tesla DeLorean) that "the L4 has at least 3 implementations, including different approaches to integrating DMA, and using 1 or 2 DMA channels." How can I pick a good one?

If I switch to, say, the STM32L496ZG, I'm guessing I'll get the same SDMMC. Right? How about something a little different, like the STM32L4R5ZI? Oh, but that one does not seem to be available. The STM32L4P5ZG looks promising, but again, not available.

I need something low power, with lots of I/Os, Cortex M4 with FPU, at least one SDIO or SDMMC (with DMA), at least 3 SPI and a couple of I2C. I don't need the Cryptography features of the STM32L4A6ZG.

2 REPLIES 2
Piranha
Chief II

> I can't get the SDMMC working with DMA on the STM32L4A6ZG, so I'm looking for alternatives.

Do you understand that it is an absurd? Another part number is not going to change the fact that you haven't learned the software development.

Well, the STM32F413ZHT6U works fine for me, and I would just use that, but I need low power.