cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is DMA peripheral to memory option not available when configuring my project in CubeIDE?

falling_in2_infinity
Associate II

I'm working through ST Application Note AN5027 (link) to interface PDM microphones via SAI (specifically, the example given on p41 onwards). I selected a Nucleo L4A6ZG for this, due to it having SAI, but I'm having some trouble following the DMA configuration options on p45. Specifically, 'Peripheral to Memory' is not an option in the drop-down (only Memory to Peripheral).

I wonder:

1) Is there something I'm missing (I admit, this could be a wide topic). I've not encountered this issue on other projects.

2) Is there something about the L4A6ZG which makes it unsuited to this project? I've only previously used a F412ZG.

Some further details which might be relevant: My project involves interfacing several (up to 😎 MEMS PDM microphones, which is a method documented in AN5027. I used my F412 to develop the simple code for one microphone connected via I2S, but I'm now trying to expand that. The F412 doesn't have SAI, hence now using the L4A6.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LCE
Principal

Maybe you forgot to set the SAI into "Receive" (in case ADC or other digital input is connected) mode?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LCE
Principal

Maybe you forgot to set the SAI into "Receive" (in case ADC or other digital input is connected) mode?

falling_in2_infinity
Associate II

Thanks so much for this... that seems to work! I'll test the full setup in the next hour or so. 😀

falling_in2_infinity
Associate II

Just wanted to confirm this was the issue. Afraid I followed the application note a bit too closely, and there's an obvious mistake on P44.