cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UCPD + GUI Corruption message

NMartin
Associate III

Hello,

I have a custom board setup with an STM32G071GBUxN and a TCPP03-M20.

I have followed this STM guide for setting it up as a DRP device.

It is able to negotiate as a sink with Source only devices, and it is able to communicate over LPUART1 to show the current contract and trace messages. The problem is most of the rest of the UCPD GUI doesn't work and during device startup one of the messages that shows up in the trace is "GUI Memory is corrupted". The line of code that throws the "GUI Memory is corrupted" message is located in bsp_gui.c on line 89 where it checks for a magic number located at 0x801F800 in memory. When I inspect the memory upon debug startup (before any user code is run) that memory location does not have 0xDEADBABEDEADF00D. There are, however, two other memory addresses that have the magic number stored correctly, but the code doesn't check those locations.

It would be especially nice to have the VBUS and current plot portion of the UCPD GUI working for when I start implementing the SRC negotiation code.

And so, my questions are:

1. Is this message an issue that extends beyond the UCPD GUI? Could it effect the actual PD functionality of the device?
  2. Is this message likely why the majority of the UCPD GUI isn't working?
  3. Where should I start in resolving this issue?

Any help is appreciated,

Nate

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NMartin
Associate III

Hello,

I have since moved away from using the GUI portion of UCPD library to save flash. It would take a fair bit of setup for me to reproduce the issue, and this is no longer a roadblock for me.

Thanks,

Nate

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
FBL
ST Employee

Hi @NMartin 

Would you share minimal of code to guide me how to reproduce the issue on our reference board nucleo G071 with its shield DRP?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

NMartin
Associate III

Hello,

I have since moved away from using the GUI portion of UCPD library to save flash. It would take a fair bit of setup for me to reproduce the issue, and this is no longer a roadblock for me.

Thanks,

Nate

Hi @NMartin 

We would be grateful if you could help us reproduce this issue.

Otherwise, we appreciate your contribution and don't hesitate to come back and post new threads.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.