cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F4 DISC Usb not recognized

lre.1
Associate II

I have STM32F4 DISC board and I worked with it several weeks. It was working correctly but today when I was set a SPI connection with other stm32f030 mcu, I plug-in and plug-out usb cable and I got "USB device not recognized" error message.

I didn't change anything. 

When I was plug-in, power led on board lighting dimly. Is this a sign for corruption of card??

lre1_0-1712874838524.png

stm32cude ide can not detect stm32 disc board.

lre1_2-1712875047684.png

Thanks for any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lre.1
Associate II

Hello again.

I connected external power (5V and GND) to on board pins and board started working correctly.

If I disconnect external GND cable from board and only 5V cable connected on board. Card continued working correctly 😳 . It was interesting

Which component corrupted on board? Any suggestion?

######## edit ########

I found fault on D1 (BAT60JFILM) diode, if I short circuit it board can working.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Karl Yamashita
Lead II

Have you tried restarting your computer and/or docking station? Every once in while I get similar warnings and after power cycling my docking station, the USB ports start working again. 

I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. If you find my answers useful, click the accept button so that way others can see the solution.
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

I didn't change anything. 

It just happens to things. Suppose you have a hard drive full of valuable data. All is good, then suddenly you hear a subtle click click and it is dead. 

I restart computer and also uninstall and install driver st-link v2 but. doesn't change anything.

Power Led and LD8 led always on. 

I found something : "LD8 (red LED) indicates an over-current from connected device", is this related my issue ?

lre.1
Associate II

Hello again.

I connected external power (5V and GND) to on board pins and board started working correctly.

If I disconnect external GND cable from board and only 5V cable connected on board. Card continued working correctly 😳 . It was interesting

Which component corrupted on board? Any suggestion?

######## edit ########

I found fault on D1 (BAT60JFILM) diode, if I short circuit it board can working.