Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on class b for STM32U585 Controller

HirenThumar2702
Associate III

Hello Support Team,

Have a wonderful day.

We are selected Trustzone MCU STM32U585ZIT6Q for our product we have some queries regarding the certification

Based on the attached user guide snapshot, we could understand this U5 series chip have a Class B library that supports IEC 61518 and was adopted to fulfil the IEC60730 requirement.

Is that ok to proceed with UL1998/IEC60730 certification by integrating the ClassB STL library for the U5 series?

Also, could you share the latest UL-compliant certificate for the STM32 U5 series?

Thanks

Hiren R. Thumar

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkRDMQA2.png

3 REPLIES 3
HirenThumar2702
Associate III

Hello Support team,

Have a good day.

we have found the UL/IEC60703 certification for the STM32U5 series below the link

https://www.st.com/resource/en/certification_document/e480533-20220630-certificateofcompliance.pdf

But we have some queries which I mentioned below

1. How to run class B library code in a secure region (can I establish a timer ISR and access the class B lib API in ISR Routine? )Please share examples with us if you have any.

2. if we do not enable a trust zone so can I use the same MCU as the non-secure region, also can we able to use dual bank and SBSFU functionality(In Disble trust zone configuration)?

Thanks & Regards

Hiren R. Thumar

Loic CHOSSAT
ST Employee

X-CUBE-CLASSB for STM32U5 series is indeed available on st.com.

This is the X-CUBE-CLASSB-U5, rev4.0.0, delivered as compiler independant certified object code, with the associated UL certificate.

The package contains project examples with trustzone enabled or trustzone disabled. Please download the package and refer to the readme file and user guide.

Hello Support team,

Have a good day.

we have found the UL/IEC60703 certification for the STM32U5 series below the link

https://www.st.com/resource/en/certification_document/e480533-20220630-certificateofcompliance.pdf

But we have some queries which I mentioned below

1. How to run class B library code in a secure region (can I establish a timer ISR and access the class B lib API in ISR Routine? )Please share examples with us if you have any.

2. if we do not enable a trust zone so can I use the same MCU as the non-secure region, also can we able to use dual bank and SBSFU functionality(In Disble trust zone configuration)?

Thanks & Regards

Hiren R. Thumar