cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to incorporate serial communication to a STM32L476 that is already defined as a USB Audio device?

JacquiG29
Associate II

I already define the nucleo-STM32L476 as a USB microphone, but I want to know if it is possible to communicate with the microcontroller trough serial communication. I want to implement these feature because I want to change the digital filters that I am applying to the signal. For example, If I send the command ¨voice¨ trough serial, the microcontroller will select the filters that prioritize the voice and if then I send the command ¨guitar¨ I will be able to change the filters. I will appreciate any advice or help.

1 REPLY 1
Bob S
Principal

Do you want to add serial comms as an additional USB device (i.e. virtual COM port aka CDC)? Then, yes, but not necessarily straight forward. Search for "usb composite device". Some newer versions of the CubeMX/HAL libraries may have examples of composite device implementation. or look for the "tinyusb" project. [EDIT: presuming the L746 has enough endpoints - I didn't check]

Or do you want to serial comms via a UART. That is trivial (compared to USB).