cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to properly import project to CubeIDE from xCubeAudio examples?

Antek
Associate II

Hi, I am trying to do some audio project based on STM32F7/F4 series. I have got STM32F769I-DISCO board. I have downloaded x-cube-audio v.1.1.1 and x-cube-usb-audio v.1.0.0.

I have unpacked both packages and I am trying to build and run some example (starting from Import->Existing project into workspace). Every project that I am trying to build ends up with "Nothing to build for project..." in CubeIDE. What is the best way to start with such examples?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Maybe you have been a bit confused while trying to import.

In older projects like this one you can find some project files for different target GUI. In this case there is:

• EWARM (IAR)
  • MDK-ARM (Keil)
  • SW4STM32 (AC6)

The latter one can directly be imported into STM32CubeIDE using

• File > Import...
  • Select General > Import ac6 System Workbench for STM32 Project
  • Insert the path to the project (e.g. C:\[xyz]\Projects\STM32746G-Discovery\Applications\Audio\Audio_BAM) into the field Import source
  • Make sure to only select the line where Import as is set to Eclipse project
  • Click finish

Good luck!

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Maybe you have been a bit confused while trying to import.

In older projects like this one you can find some project files for different target GUI. In this case there is:

• EWARM (IAR)
  • MDK-ARM (Keil)
  • SW4STM32 (AC6)

The latter one can directly be imported into STM32CubeIDE using

• File > Import...
  • Select General > Import ac6 System Workbench for STM32 Project
  • Insert the path to the project (e.g. C:\[xyz]\Projects\STM32746G-Discovery\Applications\Audio\Audio_BAM) into the field Import source
  • Make sure to only select the line where Import as is set to Eclipse project
  • Click finish

Good luck!

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Antek
Associate II

Thanks for this nice explanation. I have tried what You wrote. Problem was probably also with very long path. After shortening I was able to find this Eclipse project.

Despite this fact, I am still struggling to build, now I have no configuration to choose, do I need to set it manually?

0693W000006I0nSQAS.bmp

@Antek​  Try to remove imported materiel and redo promoting full path (....../SW4STM32/MP3-STM32F746G-DISCO) ... sounds to me you've not initiated import from proper level. Obviously you should have build configuration set for you if import done properly.

Antek
Associate II

Did anyone try to do that with audio libraries and newest CubeIDE? I am still struggling.

I am not sure what I was doing wrong but something is starting to work.

Still I warn everyone that paths are really long with these libraries.

I attach screen with correct import.0693W000006IANtQAO.bmp

Me too. What a shame. such a beautiful hardware, but what a messy software :sleepy_face: