cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate X-CUBE-CLASSB without HAL in STM32H723ZG

Arrhenius
Associate III

Hello ST team,

I am working on a project, for which Safety functionality to be implemented. 

We are making use of X-CUBE-STL package for following self-test,

Arm core test

Invariable memory test (Flash)

Variable memory test (RAM)

I understand that there is also one more package called X-CUBE-CLASSB which is freely available in ST website, which uses HAL libraries to achieve tests like RAM, FLASH Clock etc.

But in the project which I am working on, doesn't use HAL libraries, instead we have developed our own Drivers for the peripherals like UART, SPI, CAN, TIM etc. In such case how can I use the X-CUBE-CLASSB package without having dependencies on HAL.

Kindly give me inputs on this regard.

Regards

Ajeeth Kumar

3 REPLIES 3
Christophe VRIGNAUD
ST Employee

Hello,

On https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/ecosystems/functionalsafety.html, you can see the safety packages proposed by ST.

X-CUBE-CLASS-STL is aimed at SIL industrial IEC 61508.

X-CUBE-CLASSB is designed for Class B household electrical appliances IEC 60335-1/60730-1

The second is not a complement for X-CUBE-STL.

During the certification of X-CUBE-CLASSB, primary focus is given on the testing methods applied. Besides this part of the inspection is all the associated documentation and functionality and readability of the library integration example.

HAL drivers are not part of certified procedures and methods.

The HAL drivers can then be replaced with custom drivers.

Best regards,

Hi Vringnaud,

I understood your point. 

I have few questions related to X-CUBE-CLASSB package,

Q: Is there any reason for choosing 400MHz?

Please find the attached image referring toAN4435.

Christophe VRIGNAUD
ST Employee

Hello,

This indication is related to the STM32H743/753 series. The first revisions of this device were limited to 400MHz. From the revision V, a boost to 480MHz has been possible at certain conditions.

For the Dual core STM32H7, this 480MHz boost mode has existed from the beginning. That's why the table indicates 480/240 MHz => M7/M4.

This table is up to date in accordance with the STM32H7 series used for certification (STM32H743I_EVAL board in the case of STM32H7 mono-core).

But for the STM32H723, this information should be 550MHz. There no particular clock limitation due to X-CUBE-CLASSB.

I will forward this remark on the table for update in one of the next revision.

Best Regards