cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FP-AUD-AEC1 on NUCLEO-F446RE

PascalB
Associate

Hi,

I'm trying to get the FP-AUD-AEC1 v1.2.0 acoustic echo cancellation demo application to work.
I have a NUCLEO-F446RE board, an X-NUCLEO-CCA02M2 expansion board and an X-NUCLEO-CCA01M1 expansion board.
I programmed the NUCLEO-F446RE board with the STM32F446-Nucleo_AEC.bin binary from the STM32Cube v2.1.0 software.
I made the modifications to the extension boards as described in the "getting started manual".
When I connect the X-NUCLEO-CCA02M2 card to the NUCLEO-F446RE card and the 2 usb cables to my Windows 10 PC, my PC detects a new sound input/output called "STM32 MIC + LOUDSPEAKER".
But when I try to record this input with audacity it doesn't work (recording never starts).
And if I add the X-NUCLEO-CCA01M1 expansion card (as shown in the photo in the "Quick start guide"), the sound input/output is no longer detected by my PC and the STM32CubeProgrammer can no longer connect to the card.
Do you have any idea why I can't get the demo application to work?

Thanks in advance,

Pascal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PascalB
Associate

I finally got the demo to work. I had 2 problems: There was a short circuit on the CCA01M1 board due to a 0ohm resistor mounted by default on J19. I also added pull-up resistors R4 and R5 on the i2c, which are not present by default. And it didn't work by programming directly with the binary I had downloaded from the FP-AUD-AEC1 website, but it did work by recompiling and programming the program from the fp-aud-aec1 github repository.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PascalB
Associate

I finally got the demo to work. I had 2 problems: There was a short circuit on the CCA01M1 board due to a 0ohm resistor mounted by default on J19. I also added pull-up resistors R4 and R5 on the i2c, which are not present by default. And it didn't work by programming directly with the binary I had downloaded from the FP-AUD-AEC1 website, but it did work by recompiling and programming the program from the fp-aud-aec1 github repository.