cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DRP1M1 with NUCLEO-G0B1RE

Alfredo
Associate II

Hello to All,

When looking into the datasheet of the DRP1M1 addon for USB-PD, it was mentioned that this board could be used together with the NUCLEO-G0B1RE.

However.

The TCPP_V3.0.0 does not contain sources for this nucleo board !

Are they available somewhere else?

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
Guenael Cadier
ST Employee

Dear @Alfred Glänzer​ 

I confirm that X-NUCLEO-DRP1M1 shield could be plugged on top of NUCLEO-G0B1RE, even if X-CUBE-TCPP package provides G071 versions of projects.

2 options :

• I think that you could use the G071 binary generated by project from the X-CUBE-TCPP for a G0B1 device target (as NUCLEO-G0B1RE)
  • Another option is to update project from X-CUBE-TCPP package (update device target in the G071 project from G071RB to G0B1RE) and rebuild a full G0B1 binary. It should work also.

Regards

Alfredo
Associate II

Thanks for your quick response !

Unfortunately, the 2 options do not work.

A rebuild with target G0B1RE fails with few errors about IRQ definitions not found.

The G071 binary does give a few traces but stops after a few lines.

And very interesting: the G071 binary works flawless on a NUCLEO-G070RB board !!

Do you have more options to try ?

Thanks.

Ps: naturally, I would prefer an update of the software package including this board ... 😉

What IDE are you using for updating the G071 project to G0B1 ?

Aside from the target selection, there are some others items to be updated as startup files (containing interrupt definition and table), linker configuration files, ...

Is there an UCPD instance on G070 target (required for proper execution of DRP1M1_DRP, i'm afraid) ?

Alfredo
Associate II

I am using System Workbench AC6. Startup files and linker files are correct for the target.

Your question: Is there an UCPD instance on G070 target.

According to the Datasheet: NO.

Does the binary work: YES.

Conclusion: this seems to be a miracle.

Again. I guess the most easy way to solve the missing G0B1-issue is for ST to add this target into the TCPP package.

Alfredo
Associate II

Board: G070RB. With G071 firmware.

Connected with Cube Monitor. Working flawless.

Very strange.

All "value line" STM32 (ending with 0) are identical chips to the "full-fledged" models, just downgraded - less testing, smaller temperature range, some peripherals not guaranteed to work (i.e. "missing").

JW

Alfredo
Associate II

Thanks for explaining. The G070RB works perfect !

Alfredo
Associate II

Found the culprit ! The function USBPD_CAD_Process() does not work (or return) on G0B1xx. Reason: unknown.

Alfredo
Associate II