cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Sink and Sorce at Startup DRP1M1

VH
Associate

Hello,

I am using the NUCLEO-G071RB and the X-NUCLEO-DRP1M1 with the X-CUBE TXPP Software Bundle.

I created my project via the instructions from https://wiki.st.com/stm32mcu/wiki/STM32StepByStep:Getting_started_with_USB-Power_Delivery_Dual_Role.

Everything works fine.

I have another question regarding this bundle. I want to disable both the sink and the source right from program start. I entered TCPP0203_REG0_RST_VALUE as 0b11001000U. Also i set VCC_VCONN to GND via a external wire. This should set the device in Hibernate Mode and start in default Mode. Which should be both Sink and Source disabled. After the initialization the Sink still starts up for a short period of time.
How can i prevent the short startup of the Sink?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Adam BERLINGER
ST Employee

Hello,

the TCPP03-M20 contains dead-battery feature, which can't be disabled. So when the device is not powered, it will act as a Sink.
For application where this behavior is not wanted (or pure Source applications), the TCPP02-M18 should be used instead.
Also there is X-Nucleo-SRC1M1 extension shield, which features the TCPP02-M18 protection chip.

Best regards,
Adam Berlinger

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Christian N
ST Employee

Hello VH, 

Thank you for contacting STMicroelectronics.

Your post was escalated to ST Online Support Team for additional assistance.

Kind Regards,

Christian

ST Support

Adam BERLINGER
ST Employee

Hello,

the TCPP03-M20 contains dead-battery feature, which can't be disabled. So when the device is not powered, it will act as a Sink.
For application where this behavior is not wanted (or pure Source applications), the TCPP02-M18 should be used instead.
Also there is X-Nucleo-SRC1M1 extension shield, which features the TCPP02-M18 protection chip.

Best regards,
Adam Berlinger