Did you mean: 

The motor stops moving after a while

Wzong.1
Associate III
8 REPLIES 8
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @Wzong.1​ ,

the only information available in you post is the name and version of tools (ST MC SDK Ver 5.4.4).

Please share more info about your application (board part number, motor, ratings) and a detailed description of your procedure to reproduce your issue.

With this additional information we try to help you 😉

Wzong.1
Associate III

HI,Cristiana , My configurations were setted according to the pictures belowed, but the motor always stops after rotating for a while.0693W0000059iB6QAI.png0693W0000059i7yQAA.png0693W0000059iAwQAI.png0693W0000059i6bQAA.png

Hello @Wzong.1​,

it seems a problem related to a start-up procedure failure (orange led in figure 2222).

With reference to "Drive Management - Start-up Parameters" window (Figure 3):

• At first, the algorithm aligns the motor (the “Include alignment before ramp-up�? option is flagged).
  • After the alignment phase the current value is “Final current ramp value�?.
  • Speed and current ramp is now applied and the “Minimum start-up output speed�? is the minimum speed accepted by the algorithm to close the loop.

My suggestion is to make a fine tuning of the start-up parameters:

• set the "Minimum start-up output speed" to a value close to the nominal motor speed (e.g. if the target speed is 2000 rpm set 1800 rpm)
  • reduce the "Consecutive successful start-up output tests" to 2 or max 3

Moreover, please check if the all the Motor parameters (Figure 2) has been correctly updated.

In particular the pole pairs number is directly related to the actual motor speed (higher number of pole pairs, lower speed).

Let me know if you got the motor running.

Wzong.1
Associate III

Hello Cristiana:

Thank you very much for your reply. I will continue to try following your advices. If there's any progress, I'll let you know.

Wzong.1
Associate III

Hi Cristiana:

I tried it according to your advices, but the problem remains. I think speed could not get into the closed loop system.I've tried a lot of other parameter settings,But it doesn't work too much, Do you have any other guidances that I can try

Hello @Wzong.1​,

did you check the motor data? Could you share the motor part number or the datasheet link?

Also, by checking the other parameters I can suggest to try some changes in the "Drive Management - Drive settings" (Figure 4),

in the Speed Regulator section (bottom left side) use the following data:

• P = 3000 /512
  • I = 300/16384

You can try with these numbers and then make a fine tuning.

Also, the target speed (top right side) is much lower than the final speed set in the start-up.

If this parameter is the right one, reduce accordingly the Start-up parameters as above mentioned in my previous reply.

Let me know about your progress in the project.

Hi Cristiana , in the following picture the Minimum start-up output speed suggest 15% maximum application speed

,while you suggest it should be close to the nominal motor speed, so I have no ideas.

Hi @Wzong.1​ ,

which figure are you referring to?