cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STEVAL-ETH001V1 servo drive evaluation board: How to start

Sharudin
Associate

I am currently doing a test on the STEVAL-ETH001V1 servo drive evaluation board, where I am having problems turning on the motor. Here is the setup

1- Motor (brand : dunkermotoren, PartNo : BG 42x30)

-3phase EC motor, 8 pole , 24vdc, 3.3amp

-with encoder

2-STEVAL-ETH001V1 servo drive evaluation board

3- STSW-ETHDRV01V1 firmware package

I'm using the VS GDB for debugging, however whenever I'm trying to start the motor by executing the MC_StartMotor1();, the motor tries to move, maybe trying to homing/realign the encoder. after a few seconds of doing that (with buzzing sounds), the exception thrown

0693W00000aIGXGQA4.pngaccording to the explanation given, there are several commands that need to be executed before calling the MC_StartMotor1()

0693W00000aIGZ2QAO.pngbut none of the commands mentioned in the description has been executed in the provided firmware, so do I need to do the command execution myself? if so where should I do it?

2 REPLIES 2
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @Sharudin​ ,

You can refer to the UM2808 :Getting started with the STSW-ETHDRV01V1 firmware for servo drive EtherCAT solution - User manual

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Rajeswari
Associate III

Hello Sharudin,

Did you use stm32cubeide for this. How did you customize the firmware