cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Board Manager "busVoltageDivider" issues

DMeie.2
Senior

I'm having issues with the "busVoltageDivider" property in the "VBusSensing" feature.

The Wiki says that the "VBusSensing" feature doesn't define any global propery, however the Board Manager is complaining that the property is missing when I don't add it.

Furthermore, how is this and the "busVoltageDivider" property inside the "VBusSensing" hardware type (I'm assuming they're identical) calculated?
The other properties "busVoltageDividerR1" and "busVoltageDividerR2" are obvious.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fred V.
ST Employee

Hello @DMeie.2 ,

Indeed, there is an error in the implementation that do not conform to the specification. The Workbench and the Board Manager mandate that the busVoltageDivider property be defined both at feature and at hardware variant level. Both properties have the same value as they represent the same thing.  This issue will be corrected in a future release. 

You also unveiled another error, in the wiki this time: in the figure that sketches the implementation of the VBusSensing hardware variant, R1 and R2 should be switched. Then, the busVoltageDivider is computed as (R1+R2)/R2.  This issue will be fixed shortly in the Wiki.

Best Regards,

FredV

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Fred V.
ST Employee

Hello @DMeie.2 ,

Indeed, there is an error in the implementation that do not conform to the specification. The Workbench and the Board Manager mandate that the busVoltageDivider property be defined both at feature and at hardware variant level. Both properties have the same value as they represent the same thing.  This issue will be corrected in a future release. 

You also unveiled another error, in the wiki this time: in the figure that sketches the implementation of the VBusSensing hardware variant, R1 and R2 should be switched. Then, the busVoltageDivider is computed as (R1+R2)/R2.  This issue will be fixed shortly in the Wiki.

Best Regards,

FredV