cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting from STM32 example project - How do I add in .ioc?

bhat.1
Associate II

I am starting a project with an X-NUCLEO-IHM01A1 and an STM32 NUCLEO F411RE board. The example project on the IHM01A1 page called "X-CUBE-SPN1" is an STM32 project, not an STM32IDE one. I'm using the F401 example inside the example project. Is there a way for me to add an .ioc file to this so that I can utilise other pins for some sensors I have? Alternatively, is it possible for me to copy the libraries used from the example into a new STM32IDE project. I'm a little confused by the file structure so I'm unsure which files I would actually need to copy over.

Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bhat.1
Associate II

Here's an answer for anyone that's looking for one in the future. Use ARM MBED development environment. They have a well-integrated library for this driver board already and its really easy to use, MBED generally has better support for all kinds of STM32 boards and components so I'd recommend to check it out if you're having trouble example projects on the ST website. Documentation from ST is subpar but MBED has all the information you could possibly need on their website.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KnarfB
Principal III

AFAIK an .ioc cannot be generated from code, only the other way round. MotorWorkbench can do that for other motor setups, but not for your HW :(.

Looking at the X-NUCLEO-IHM01A1 schematics, it seems not difficult to enter the pins manually in a fresh STM32CubeMX project.

hth

KnarfB

bhat.1
Associate II

Okay, I've got the schematic up for the IHM01A1 up. I've found the the way the pins are used from the user manual but if I'm starting a fresh project, I'd have to copy the library over from the example project. There's dozens and dozens of files, is there an easier way to import the library on a new project? I'm not 100% sure which files are even part of the library.

Appreciate your help.

BTW, when I say STM32CubeMX in the original post, I mean STM32CubeIDE.

bhat.1
Associate II

Here's an answer for anyone that's looking for one in the future. Use ARM MBED development environment. They have a well-integrated library for this driver board already and its really easy to use, MBED generally has better support for all kinds of STM32 boards and components so I'd recommend to check it out if you're having trouble example projects on the ST website. Documentation from ST is subpar but MBED has all the information you could possibly need on their website.