cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server error 61234 due to timer configuration on NUCLEO F401RE and STM32F103C8TX

RonaldJosh
Associate

I am trying to control a stepper motor with a driver 8825, which is driven by 2 pines DIR and STEP. STEP drives the steps of the motor, it makes an step each time it change its state, so could be driven by a PWM. The idea is to generate an specific amount of pulses through a timer. Using the One Pulse mode and RCR to generate a fixed amount of pulses, I made this code:

---------------------

uint32_t stp = 1;

while (1)

{

Execute_stps(&htim1, stp * 5);

HAL_Delay(10000);

/* USER CODE END WHILE */

/* USER CODE BEGIN 3 */

}

-------------------

void Execute_stps(TIM_HandleTypeDef *TIMx, uint32_t steps){

//LL_TIM_SetRepetitionCounter(TIMx, steps-1);

TIMx->Init.RepetitionCounter = steps - 1;

__HAL_TIM_SET_AUTORELOAD(TIMx, __HAL_TIM_GET_AUTORELOAD(TIMx)/10);

__HAL_TIM_SET_COMPARE(TIMx, TIM_CHANNEL_2, __HAL_TIM_GET_AUTORELOAD(TIMx)/2);

HAL_GPIO_WritePin(EN_GPIO_Port, EN_Pin, GPIO_PIN_SET);

HAL_Delay(10);

HAL_GPIO_WritePin(EN_GPIO_Port, EN_Pin, GPIO_PIN_RESET);

}

------------------

In order to test the speed my driver and motors are capable of, this function should execute the steps(multiplied by 5 each time the loop starts again) for a motor setting the RCR(here I loaded the number of steps), ARR(divided by 10 each time is called), Compare register (duty cycle 50% = ARR/2), releasing this timer with another gpio pin connected to the ch1 from timer 1, the output comes from ch2 tim1.

The thing is that i already tried it in 2 boards and they both are burned (i think). I uploaded my code, watched that it didn't work, tried to debug with the CubeIDE, and then the IDE started to show this message error:

Error in final launch sequence:

Failed to execute MI command:

target remote localhost:61234

Error message from debugger back end:

localhost:61234: Connection timed out.

Failed to execute MI command:

target remote localhost:61234

Error message from debugger back end:

I tried with other cables, other computers and reinstalling the IDE. Nothing works. I really appreciate if some could help me with this

2 REPLIES 2
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @RonaldJosh​ ,

Try an upgrade of the ST Link firmware, then connect to ST board and erasing the chip before loading the code. Otherwise, try restart PC, GDB server..

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
RonaldJosh
Associate

How can I erase the chip?