cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motor Control Solution

MDani
Associate II

Hello ST,

I’m a motor control fan and developed a few motor controllers in the past years for myself. I always worked with TI MCU’s because I liked their sensorless solution for PMSM control. At low speed the torque generation was not bad but at zero speed, there were some problems. I always started with HALL sensors and at a certain speed I switched to sensorless FOC.

At the moment I’m building a 300A 100V motor controller for my master thesis and I wanted to use a sensored solution because of the startup problems with sensorless solutions. Then I saw your ZEST algorithm, which looks very interesting.

Now I’m wondering if the ZEST algorithm could solve these startup problems, what do you think?

Can I replace the encoder with ZEST without having any problems at zero speed?

I’m using a 20kW BLDC motor which is inside a buggy car.

Best Regards,
Daniel

1 REPLY 1
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello MDani,

Unfortunately, the ZeST algorithm is only available for selected customers, so you won't be able to try that out for now. However, we also provide the HSO, on which the ZeST is based, that already tackles many low speed issues, such as full torque start-up. I believe the HSO will be enough for your application, and it is freely available on our MCSDK (6.3.0).

All the information you need both for HSO and ZeST can be found on our STM32 ZeST Page.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.