cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there anyway to get the project shell/ ioc file for this board (https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/b-g431b-esc1.html) without using MC-SDK? Or in general how can I get code or a project going for anything motor control related without Windows?

MAnde.11
Associate III

7 REPLIES 7
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

You can find help for your project here:

https://www.fiverr.com/categories/programming-tech/electronics-engineering/embedded-systems-iot

(as well as other people with their projects)

cedric H
ST Employee

Hello @MAnde.11​,

If I understand your issue correctly, you are not able to use the MCSDK because you do not use windows. Am I right ?

What Operating system do you use ?

Regards

Cedric

That is correct. I am mostly using Ubuntu, and in every other case it works out great. I use CubeMx to generate the project stub and then CubeIDE to do the development. But I can't find the code used in this dev kit anywhere in the wild. It is possible I could dig up a Windows machine if it was just to generate the code (like if I could then move the project to my development machine).

I almost marked this as spam, but then I looked at your post history and realized it wasn't. I don't really need a freelancer marketplace at the moment. I just wanted help finding the code for an off the shelf development board so I could adapt it to my project.

Any hope?

cedric H
ST Employee

Hello @MAnde.11​,

We have in our plan to provide a version of the SDK for all platforms included Linux. There is no technical issue, it is "just" a matter of time.

Regarding your specific question, the issue is that the IOC contains all the value computed by the workbench which depend on your motor. So even if I send you an IOC file, it will not be tuned to your application.

Regards

Cedric

Makes sense, but I'm really just looking for an example project that pulls in all the relevant libraries and uses them for 6 step motor control. I can't really find that anywhere. My intent was just to create a board similar to the b-g431b that suited my application, but with all the STM-32 pins going to the same/similar places so that the example project would mostly work out of the box. But it turns out there aren't really any example project out there for this board like most the other dev-boards.