cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSO PI tuning with MCSDK 6.3.1

rms_st
Associate

Hello, 

I am getting up and running with the STM32 ZeST Kit to evaluate the HSO capability. Components: 

1) STEVAL-LVLP01

2) B-MOTOR-PMSMA1

3) B-G473E-ZEST1S

I am currently on MDSDK 6.3.1, and Motor Pilot V1.2.11 (MC_FOC_ZEST). 

I was able to successfully build a profiler project in the workbench, flash it with the CubeIDE, and profile the motor in Motor Pilot. The HSO Start Up Guide provided in the MCSDK 6.3.1 release notes were helpful to this point. 

I am now looking to tune the current and speed PI gains. My issue is finding the "Rev-up" section for generating speed or torque profiles to play for tuning these gains. Maybe I'm missing something?

Is there a document similar to the HSO start up guide for this part? Or is there a section in Motor Pilot I am missing?

The motor pilot start up guide seems to still reference MDSDK 6.2.1 and Motor Pilot V1.1.13. https://wiki.st.com/stm32mcu/wiki/STM32MotorControl:STM32_MC_Motor_Pilot_-_Start-up_guide#Rev-up_configuration

Thank you,

Ryan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello rms_st,

The guide you are referring to is showing the Motor Pilot for the ST Observer (Sensorless PLL or Cordic). It is true that the GUI for the HSO is different and therefore this guide is of no use to you.

As far as the HSO is concerned, there is no open loop start-up, this is why no rev-up tab can be found. The start-up only consists of an angle probing pulse (or alignment, depending on the chosen method), followed by a direct closed loop start-up.

Concerning the PIDs, I do not recommend changing the current gains. On the contrary, speed gains can be tuned to your liking via the GUI, but we do not provide any guide for that as it is highly dependent on your application. You can have a look at the current values via Asynchronous Datalogging (Graph & Record) and check your system's behaviour after rapid changes in resistive torque or abrupt speed changes (by inputting a high speed ramp for example).

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello rms_st,

The guide you are referring to is showing the Motor Pilot for the ST Observer (Sensorless PLL or Cordic). It is true that the GUI for the HSO is different and therefore this guide is of no use to you.

As far as the HSO is concerned, there is no open loop start-up, this is why no rev-up tab can be found. The start-up only consists of an angle probing pulse (or alignment, depending on the chosen method), followed by a direct closed loop start-up.

Concerning the PIDs, I do not recommend changing the current gains. On the contrary, speed gains can be tuned to your liking via the GUI, but we do not provide any guide for that as it is highly dependent on your application. You can have a look at the current values via Asynchronous Datalogging (Graph & Record) and check your system's behaviour after rapid changes in resistive torque or abrupt speed changes (by inputting a high speed ramp for example).

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.

Hi Gael A,

This makes sense. Thank you for clearing that up for me. 

Best,

Ryan