cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to supply independent VM and VBUS to STEVAL-SPIN3201 (STSPIN32F0)?

KConn.2
Associate II

Hello,

I have a 48V motor and would like to evaluate this design using the STEVAL-SPIN3201 which is only rated to 45V.

The schematic sort of suggests that if you remove the JP2 jumper you can independently supply VM and VBUS, and VBUS can go to 60 volts due to FET's limit and VM can go to 45V.

I removed this jumper and connected 48V to J2 for VBUS, and 24V to J1 for VM.

Changed the FW so I don't get overvoltage error and the SPIN32F0 programmed fine. But as soon as I commanded the motor to run the board burned out, appears to have burned at the VM input of the SPIN32F0.

Has anyone successfully provided separate VM and VBUS with this EVAL board?

Because I am just barely over the rated voltage, and the absolute maximum rating of the SPIN32F0 is actually 48V, I doubt the board burned up because the higher voltage, I suspect the 2 supplies are fighting each other somehow and I did not make all the changes to the board I needed to.

I had previously run this motor with this board at 42V fine, so I don't believe there is any FW issue here.

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12

@Cristiana SCARAMEL​ thank you for pointing me towards the EVALSTDRIVE101, this appears to be what we are looking for, I somehow missed this when filtering through ST's dev boards.

I ordered some of these and tested out our motor at 48V with the Nucleo 446RE and this appears to work very well.

Thanks again!

-Kyler

sir how you select steval-spin3201 board in ST Motor Profiler 5.Y.1.

Its not showing in ST Motor Profiler 5.Y.1.software

reply me 

Hello @vishu 

Please, would you kindly not post any new messages on an old thread, already answered, especially if the subject is not related to the original one.

This is for the respect to all the contributors and keeping the forum healthy.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Cedric.