cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the maximum potential of my engine with MotorControl Workbench_6.3.0?

OttoBCN
Associate II

Hello.
I am using a Nucleo-F446RE board with the x-nucleo-ihm07m1 driver, to control a LA052-040E servomotor.
Comment that I have not been able to generate the motor profile with the ST Motor Pilot Tool (profiler) V1.2.9.
Which comes with the MotorControl Worbench 6.3.0 program,
After connecting the device and clicking start, the connection is reset and the board is disconnected from the application.

error1.jpg

error2.jpg

But with the Motor Profiler 5.4.8 version. Yes, it generates the engine profile for me.

Once the parameters have been entered, the position control application works, but I do not obtain all the desired power.
The current consumed from the supply is 200mA and the motor supports up to 2.5A.
I have the board configured for 1A as the maximum current. 

The driver supports 1.4A constat current.

ide.jpg

LA052-040E.jpg

How can I increase the power of the engine, I need it to have more strength. I think he is not giving his full potential.

Thank you very much for your help and support.

2 REPLIES 2
Fabrice LOUBEYRE
ST Employee

Hi @OttoBCN,

regarding the motor profiler binary, if you generate this MCSDK6.3.0 project with the Hall sensors set as auxiliary sensor, you will face an issue using STM32CubeIde tool. A Hard Fault is generated as soon as you start running the FW with the IDE. You will find below the post with the workaround.

Best regards.

Fabrice

OttoBCN
Associate II

Sorry. I do not know if I explained well.
The motor is configured with the main Observer+PLL sensor. Without enabling the hall sensor or the encoder.

OttoBCN_1-1719220435325.png

The program does not work. It is disconnected from the communications port.

Greetings and thanks for your help.