Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to demo EVSPIN32G4

eric239955_stm1
Associate II

Hello,

I am a newcomer and want to ask a newbie question

I researched EVB-EVSPIN32G4 and found that there is no example of this.

Both Demostrations need list EVB profile. So I can't directly operate them.

1. ST Motor profiler

2. MC Workbench

What time does ST plan support?

If I want to use this EVB, is there a suitable example.

Best regards,

Eric Hung

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ and welcome to the ST Community.

Since your question is about STM32 MCSDK, I added the topic "STM32 Motor Control".

The EVSPIN32G4 board is not supported by ST Motor Profiler, but it is supported in the STM32 Motor Control Software Development Kit Rev Y (X-CUBE-MCSDK-Y).

You can create your project to drive a motor with FOC algorithms with STM32 motor control workbench following these steps:

• Open the STM32 motor control workbench
  • Click on “New Project�? (top-left corner)
  • In the new project windows Select Boards “Inverter�? and choose the EVSPIN32G4 from the dropdown list. In this way, the application automatically loads all the hardware-related parameters for the FOC library.
  • From the motor list, one of the pre-configured motors (or a generic starting model can be selected)
  • Click OK. A new project is now created according to the starting parameters selected.

A new configuration window appears, allowing the parameters to be set for each blocks.

Clicking on the “Motor�? icon you can select the Magnetic structure: Internal PMSM or Surface Mounted PMSM and all parameters according your motor characteristics.

You can customize your application and save the project by clicking on the save button.

This is the configuration file of parameters used and generate the code by clicking on "Generation" button.

In the generation windows you can set more parameters and after create the custom folder with your library code.

If I answered to your questions please "Select as Best" label.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ and welcome to the ST Community.

Since your question is about STM32 MCSDK, I added the topic "STM32 Motor Control".

The EVSPIN32G4 board is not supported by ST Motor Profiler, but it is supported in the STM32 Motor Control Software Development Kit Rev Y (X-CUBE-MCSDK-Y).

You can create your project to drive a motor with FOC algorithms with STM32 motor control workbench following these steps:

• Open the STM32 motor control workbench
  • Click on “New Project�? (top-left corner)
  • In the new project windows Select Boards “Inverter�? and choose the EVSPIN32G4 from the dropdown list. In this way, the application automatically loads all the hardware-related parameters for the FOC library.
  • From the motor list, one of the pre-configured motors (or a generic starting model can be selected)
  • Click OK. A new project is now created according to the starting parameters selected.

A new configuration window appears, allowing the parameters to be set for each blocks.

Clicking on the “Motor�? icon you can select the Magnetic structure: Internal PMSM or Surface Mounted PMSM and all parameters according your motor characteristics.

You can customize your application and save the project by clicking on the save button.

This is the configuration file of parameters used and generate the code by clicking on "Generation" button.

In the generation windows you can set more parameters and after create the custom folder with your library code.

If I answered to your questions please "Select as Best" label.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution"
eric239955_stm1
Associate II

Thank you for your clarification.

I have started the FOC of MC Workbench normally.

I can use EVSPIN32G4 to turn the BLDC Motor of X-NUCLEO-IHM07M1.

May I ask more,

GUI with “Motor Profiler�? & “One Touch Tuning�? SW features

Can this be used? If not, will it affect the SDK? What should I pay attention to?

Best regards,

Eric Hung

Hi @Community member​,

> I can use EVSPIN32G4 to turn the BLDC Motor of X-NUCLEO-IHM07M1.

Are you referring to the motor provided in the P-NUCLEO-IHM002 kit, that is the Bull-Running model BR2804-1700 kV?

Yes, you can use the EVSPIN32G4 to drive this motor.

The “Motor Profiler�? & “One Touch Tuning�? SW features can help to achieve the setup and run of an unknown motor from the scratch, but are not available for all ST boards.

As above mentioned the EVSPIN32G4 board is not supported by these tools.

In your case, if you have the P-NUCLEO-IHM002 kit, you can use the boards with Motor Profiler to extract and to store the motor measurements for later use with the ST MC Workbench.

Please open new thread for future new questions, in particular use the topic "STM32 Motor Control" about STM32 MCSDK questions.

Hello Cristinana,

is there any plans to add the EVSPIN32G4 to the Motor Profiler?

Hello @Jordan Güllübag​ and welcome to the ST Comunity.

It is not in our roadmap at the moment, but thanks for your suggestion.