cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F401RE + IHM16M1

AChha.1
Associate II

Hello

I am using the combination of F401RE and IHM16M1 for a project in my lab to drive a 24V BLDC Motor (max RPM 5000).

Issues:

1) I am unable to select the above combination in the Motor Profiler.

2) When I try to generate code using Motor Control Workbench (5.Y), I generate code using CubeMX (6.3) and flash it using CubeIDE (1.10.1) -->I run motor using Motor Pilot but it always says "Speed Feedback Error". I don't know why this happens.

3) No resources about how to make this combination work.

4) I tried using the 6StepLib. However, the motor just spins and then stops making a humming noise (increasing), then stops. Sometimes it doesn't stop but runs at 450-500 RPM.

Can anyone please point me to a given example for this combination? Or am I missing something?

I am new to the ecosystem so I would appreciate any help or guidance. Thank you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

****UPDATE****

GMA,

Thank you for helping me resolve this issue.

All,

For more information about the issue and the solution, please visit: https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001AzMDESA3/environment-mcsdk-5y2-stm32cubemx-630-nucleof446re-is-not-working-compared-to-other-nucleo-boards-while-using-the-same-power-board-bldc-motor-with-the-same-configuration-what-would-be-the-possible-cause-for-this-problem

Very helpful post regarding the compatibility issue between F446 and IHM16M1.

I will try to summarise everything together and make a post sometime soon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you and regards

Anirudh Chhabra0693W00000QNbhCQAT.png

14 REPLIES 14

Hello

Do I need to cut the pin CN10-18 on the Nucleo? Or should it work without doing that and just loading the file you provided?

Update:

I got it and am able to control the motor perfectly. Thank you so much for your help! I appreciate it.

On the issue you helped me with, is there documentation that provides information about the boards affected by this difference in their pin layouts? I feel that such things should've been mentioned in the IHM16M1 User Manual, which is just a generic tutorial. It says that the driver is compatible with F401RE but doesn't tell how to make it work.

Regards

Anirudh

GMA
ST Employee

Hello,

You are welcome and thank you for reporting the point.

Issue will be corrected on next version.

Best regards.

GMA

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA

Hello, I have a follow-up question regarding this. What would be the steps briefly if I wanted to control multiple motors?

From my understanding, I need to add relevant functions for Motor2 in the "mc_api.c" file inside the IDE. Is this correct?

Also, the "mc_api.c" mentions that it can only cope with 2 motors. How do I control 3 motors?

It would be great if you could answer these questions.

Regards

Anirudh

GMA
ST Employee

Hello,

Using WB5.4.8 e.g., you can choose Dual Motor configuration. You will have a set of available control boards for that purpose:

0693W00000SujgzQAB.pngGenerating the code, the dual motor api will be visible in mc_api.c.

3 motors are not supported by the workbench for the moment.

Best regards.

GMA

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA

Hello

My project requires me to control 3 motors, and I need to do that with one MCU. This 2 motor-limit wasn't mentioned anywhere (in manuals or datasheets) when I purchased the Nucleo boards.

Is there any way I can control 3 motors by editing the API manually using the following boards?

Control Board: F401RE / G431RB

Power Board: IHM16M1 / IHM07M1

Regards

Anirudh