cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evspin32G4-Dual Tuning Speed Control

ItzSam
Associate II

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on a project involving an Evspin32G4-Dual Board, equipped with two brushless motors (Hover Board motors 36V-10A-500 rpm-Hall Sensors).

I have completed profiling the motors and their hall sensors using MC Workbench 6.2.1. Afterward, I generated the project using MC Workbench 6.3.0.

However, when I tried to run the motors, they wouldn’t spin and started stalling. To address this, I loaded the FOC UI in Motor Control and began adjusting the PID values for the flux regulator. I observed various behaviors as I made changes.

From this, I concluded that I need to perform a tuning procedure for both the current regulator and the speed regulator.

Is there a way to perform this tuning in Motor Pilot 6.3.0 or 6.2.1?

My goal is to achieve high torque to lift mass in Speed Control Mode.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
GMA
ST Employee

Hello @ItzSam,

Using Motor Pilot 6.3.0, loading MC_FOC_SDK.qml, if you select "Advanced Configuration" on Configuration box, "Advanced Configuration" box appears, and you will be able to access Current/Speed and Observers parameters.

This is not possible using MC_FOC_SDK_2_Motors.qml. 

Then you have to do your tuning on M1 with single motor qml for both motors and set these parameters in your dual motor project.

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA