cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 200 and error 801 Validate on target on STM32F4291-DISCO

LMart.12
Associate II

Hello,

I'm a newcomer in the STM32 machine learning world and I tried to make a AI model work on my STM32F429I-DISCO. Unfortunately the "Validate on target" option does not work... Errors are E200 and E801. Here is my thought process :

Iinstall a ftdi to my board to send data trough serial port : 0693W00000NstnmQAB.jpgThen I launch stm32cube mx, select the board STM32F429I-DISC1 and start project without initialize all peripheral with their default mode. Then :

0693W00000NsttGQAR.png0693W00000NsttWQAR.png0693W00000NstXlQAJ.png0693W00000NstxmQAB.pngAnd finally :

0693W00000NstzxQAB.pngI also tried validate on target on my other COM (COM4) and with communication port on the target : USART 1.

Each time I get the same result :

0693W00000Nsu2NQAR.pngI don't know what to do, can someone know the solution of my problem ?

Thank in advance !

Best regards,

Martin

20 REPLIES 20
fauvarque.daniel
ST Employee

Did you try in automatic mode for the choice of the COM port ?

Regards

Daniel

Yes I did, with the same result.

Regards,

Martin

fauvarque.daniel
ST Employee

By default on this board the STLink VCP is connected to USART1 and the bridges SB11, 15 (RX,TX) are ON.

You may want to disconnect the other board connected to discovery and verify the SB11 and 15 bridges.

One way to verify that at least the communication is ok is to use a terminal emulator like Putty on the COM port, hit the reset button on the board. You should have a message on the COM port

Regards

Daniel

Hello,

Thank you for your answer, I use MobaXterm as terminal emulator and nothing happen when :

1)I plug the discovery board on the USB (no new Port COM)

2)I choose port COM 4 (the default one) and reset the board

Does that mean that the communication is not ok ? If so what do you think is the problem ? Just as a reminder I'm using a f429I-DISCO not a DISC1

Regards,

Martin

fauvarque.daniel
ST Employee

I think you nailed it, the STM32F429I-DISCO doesn't have STLink VCP as far as I remember (the DISC1 board has been created for that)

If you have this board, you need to connect an external USART / USB dongle to one of the USART TC/RX external pins.

Then you need to modify the configuration in STM32CubeMX to use the correct USART in asynchronous mode (i.e. configure by hand the USART and set the correct platform settings in X-Cube-AI to point to the correct USART)

Regards

Daniel

fauvarque.daniel
ST Employee

If you are using USART1, I would connect the ftdi to for example PA9/PA10.

Hello,

Tank you for your quick answer.

I have already installed a ftdi (red board on the photo) and connect it as such on my board :0693W00000NswmmQAB.jpgAnd I was already setting my USART1 on PA9 and PA10 :0693W00000NswjKQAR.png0693W00000NswuWQAR.pngBut still, same errors as before, I will downgrade to a more ancient version, maybe that's what causing a problem.

Best regards,

Martin

If your ftdi is correctly connected you should have at least a message on the pseudo terminal

I must look at the wrong user manual but for me PA9 and PA10 pins on the boards are more close to the LCD

0693W00000NsxEbQAJ.png 

Maybe you could also try to swap the rx/tx pins on your ftdi

Regards

Daniel

You were right, I was inverting my RX and TX, now I can message on my terminal when resetting my card. Unfortunately I have the same problem as before... but little bit by little bit we're advancing.

Regards,

Martin