STM32L4xx (AN2606 Pattern 6) boot process - conflicting description

0693W00000Y7tlHQAR.png 

0693W00000Y7tmAQAR.png 

JW

8 REPLIES 8
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ ,

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention.

I reported internally.

Internal ticket number: 142678 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks Kaouthar!

Jan

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​,

The issue has been solved in Empty check mechanism on STM32 article.

Thank you .

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Kaouthar,

the problem is, that.... no, this did not fix it...

It's not a coincidence that the boot bit/pin selector has two different names: it's because in different families its meaning is opposite to each other:

0693W00000Y866MQAR.png 

This is also the reason why it's not good to link to one particular RM in that sentence.

Jan

@KDJEM.1​ 

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​,

Thank you for this clarification, I agree with you.

I suggest this new content for the tip article:

Tip: On devices with nSWBOOT0 or nBOOT_SEL option bit ( like STM32WB, STM32L4, STM32G0) it is possible to force boot from Main flash by using nBOOT0 option bit instead of BOOT0 pin.

This can be achieved by following Option byte configuration:

- nSWBOOT0 = 0 (BOOT0 signal is defined by nBOOT0 option bit) nBOOT0 = 1, for STM32L4 and STM32WB.

-nBOOT_SEL = 1 (BOOT0 signal is defined by nBOOT0 option bit) nBOOT0 = 1, for STM32G0.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

Hi Kaouthar,

Yes, like this.

Thanks,

Jan

@KDJEM.1​ 

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​,

Empty check mechanism on STM32 article is updated.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

Thanks.

Jan