cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F427 and LWIP issue moving from STM32Cube library 1.26.2 to library 1.27.0

momede
Associate II

Dear all,

I'm in trouble with the last library update that brick the FW.

This FW was properly working since the library version 1.26.2 without any problem.

For a new feature, regardint the USART communication, that I had to develop, it was requiring the library update, but I got troubles with the ethernet connection.

One of the problem is that in the 1.27.0 library version is defined "LWIP_RAM_HEAP_POINTER" that is defined for the mcu H7 (0x30040000) that's out of memory range for the mcu F4.

I tryed to relocate the memory reading some tutorial, working on the files STM32F427ZITX_RAM.ld and STM32F427ZGTX_FLASH.ld, but without succes, and in the end I did the workaround undefining this memory re-location in the file "lwipopts.h".

After the code changes necessary to build the project everything seemed to work, and the board was responding properly.

The problem is using the device in "normal mode", without the programmer in debug mode.

In this case, I'm not able to ping the board, but as soon as I re-plug the ST-Link, without reprogramming the mcu, the board is reachable again, an the FW makes its work.

Any suggestion on how to proceed to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance for the support!

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @momede​ ,

The new Ethernet HAL driver is not compatible with the legacy driver.

Take a look at this post : Ethernet HAL Driver reworked by ST and available in 22Q1 (preview now available on GitHub)

BeST Regards,

Walid

Piranha
Chief II
momede
Associate II

Thanks for your reply.

The strange thing, in my case, is that seems enough to reset the microcontroller after powering it.

Then I'm able to receive the ping and to connect with the board as previously.

I hope they fix the issue soon.

best regards.

Marco