cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port amazon free RTOS to STM32G070CBT

kd
Associate

Hi,

I am using STM32G070CBT with interfacing MC60 want to communicate with AWS IoT using MQTT protocol. So anyone can suggest how to port Amazon free RTOS in STM32G070CBT.

3 REPLIES 3
Guillaume K
ST Employee

When you write "MC60" I presume you mean Quectel MC60 GSM/GPRS cellular modem ?

STM32G070CBT has 128 Kbytes of Flash memory, 36 Kbytes RAM. it seems very small to run network stack required for AWS IoT with MQTT. You need TCP-IP + TLS + MQTT protocol layers to talk to AWS IoT service. This takes space in RAM and in code (Flash).

the best would be that the MC60 provides these network protocol (to avoid to run it on the STM32G0). but I don't know if the MC60 provides it.

Even with that it will be tight to run everything in 36KB RAM and 128KB flash memory.

kd
Associate

Hi @Guillaume K​ 

Thanks for the suggestions.

I agree with your statements that it would be tight to run everything in STM32G070CBT. I found a compatible SOC of STM32G070CBT. 0693W00000SwDN1QAN.pngSo my question is can I replace the compatible SOC of STM32070CBT without any hardware changes as my hardware is designed already?

LCE
Principal

Check the datasheets for (pin-to-pin) compatability.

Even if the datasheets say they are, I would still check the pinout diagrams including the pin descriptions - unless both chips are described in the same datasheet.