cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance between STM32H747-DISCO and Murata Type 1lv

Danix2k
Associate III

Hi,

I'm evaluating the WIFI/BLE module 1LV by Murata with a STM32H747-Dicovery board and Murata adapter as reported in the PDF file in https://github.com/Infineon/stm32-connectivity/tree/master/Documentation

The connection works fine (wifi scan OK and connection OK) and now I'm trying to increase the communication performance; the first test, using LWIP stack as server on MCU and ipref client on windows/linux side gave me only 0.15-0.20MB/s (150kBps) that seems to me very VERY slow using SDIO interface (with 25MHz clock).

Do anybody have any clues to increase this bitrate?

What can I change from the test project (https://github.com/Infineon/stm32-connectivity/tree/master/Projects/STM32H747I-DISCO/Applications/wifi_scan) to increase WIFI performance?

Do you also think that LWIP stack is the correct "library" to have good performance (at least 2.5-3.0MB/s)

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14
jiangfan
ST Employee

I believe 1MB/s is achievable with LwIP stack, if SDIO interface has 4-bit data bus.

It will be another story if the SDIO interface has 1-bit data bus only. in such case 0.2MB/s is reasonable.

Danix2k
Associate III

Thanks for your message.

I confirm you that SDIO has 4-bit data bus (SDIO 3.0 at 1.8V with clk@25MHz) but the bit rate, at the moment, remains at 0.15-0.20MB/s using netconn API (I'm using multitasking environment).

Don't you think that LWIP can reach 2.0-3.0MB/s?

In this case should I use another TCP/IP stack? (for example FreeRTOS+TCP/IP)

Regards

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

The "Lw" in "LwIP" stands for "Light-weight" - it is not intended to be a high-performance stack...

I am not sure if 2.0-3.0MB/s is achievable, for either LwIP or FreeRTOS+TCP/IP.

anyway you need to get 1MB/s first, as you can only get 0.2MB/s.

some works are needed, such as, checksum offloading, more buffers (possible for STM32H747 which has about 500kB RAM if I remember well), client to send request in queue way, proper network data size(1kB or more), and so on, to improve the network throughput.

Ok. LW I thought it was for low RAM and ROM footprint but it was able to reach better performance than 200kBps...

Do you know other high-performance TCP/IP stack for STM32H7xx? Even not for free?

Thanks

"LW I thought it was for low RAM and ROM footprint"

Indeed.

"Do you know other high-performance TCP/IP stack for STM32H7xx?"

Not off hand. Google is your friend.

(other internet search engines are available)

I was just asking you, if you had used other TCP/IP stack for high-performance because you seemed prepared.

indeed. just confirming that I don't know - and not just ignoring you.

commercial version TCP/IP stack should be available for STM32H7, I believe.

I suppose you had better contact your local ST FAE/sales to get accurate information and support, regarding non-free stack.