cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oversampling using GPDMA on STM32U545RE

AGP
Associate

Hello, 

I'm using an smt32u545re in GPDMA mode. I followed the videos "STM32U5 workshop - 07 GPDMA in practice - coding and debug in STM32CubeIDE" on YouTube. I am obtaining an array of 64 values in total, 16 values for each adc channel I am reading from (4 channels in total). Now, I would like to obtain a better resolution and precision on the values from ADC. Can I use de oversampling function if I am using ADC on GPDMA mode? 

I have been doing some tests, and using a single channel from ADC, no GPDMA mode, and reading some other posts, is it  correct to use an oversampling configuration of 4 bits right shift, and ratio oversampling x16, in order to obtain a better resolution equivalent to 16 bits ADC (stm32u545re has 14 bits ADC). If I use this oversampling configuration when using GPDMA mode, I don't obtain the values.

Another question is about SMPS, in Pinout&Configuration, PWR, I don't see anything related with SMPS, but in datasheet it says that has an internal SMPS, where can I configure it?

In the example attached, I read 4 channels from ADC in order to make the conversion to the analog voltage...

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
nouirakh
ST Employee

Hello @AGP 

For further information on the configuration of the GPDMA, please refer to the following article How to configure the GPDMA , which provides detailed instructions on the creation of a project using the GPDMA and the associated setup.