cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEO-STM32F767ZI and STM32 CUBE IDE

DJeze.1
Associate II

Good day,

I have a NUCLEO-STM32F767ZI and a problem with the STM32 CUBE IDE. When I create a project in version 1.5.1 with ETH, FreeRTOS and LWIP everything works fine. When I create the same thing in the latest version, the generated code falls into HardFault. I see the main difference is that in the older version you can select PHY Address 0 in the RMII, but in the new version this option is not at all, I only see the same settings as for the MII. Don't you know when there might be an error? I would like to use the latest version.

4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @DJeze.1​ and welcome to the Community 🙂

Are you using latest release of CubeMx (6.7.0)?

There was a similar issue, and it was down to STM32CubeMX generating an incorrect parameter for the Ethernet interface. Then, the extended PHY parameters is fixed to be dependent of the selected PHY.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

In the recent versions of Cube IDE, you need to go into the ETH config, Advanced Parameters, and choose your PHY as LAN8742A_PHY_ADDRESS.

DJeze.1
Associate II

Yes I am using the latest version. And yes I have a LAN8742A set up. And the program still gives me a hard fail or loops in port.c

configASSERT( ucCurrentPriority >= ucMaxSysCallPriority );

Piranha
Chief II

And why cannot you search about that assert on Google? The internet is just full of answers for that issue...

https://www.freertos.org/a00110.html#kernel_priority