cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an SVD file for STM32H750x MCU which has proper Ethernet register descriptions?

Peter_TEC
Associate II

In the actual SVD file (ver 1.7) the Ethernet peripheral registers are incomplete, Ethernet_MAC section actually we have Ethernet DMA registers, and no register descriptions for ethernet MAC. Beside even the Ethernet_DMA registers are showing incorrect memory (register) addresses.

Please can someone share a proper SVD file for STM32H750x (with correct Ethernet fields) ?

8 REPLIES 8
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Peter_TEC​ ,

Thanks for your reported issue.

I will check this and come back to you soon with update.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Peter_TEC​ ,

I created an internal ticket to fix the errors in the svd file.

I'll make sure to post any updates here as soon as I hear back from our team.

Thanks

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Hello Imen,

Is there any progress on this issue?

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @Peter_TEC​ ,

Sorry for the late response on this, but I have no updates so far due to summer vacation.

Still waiting for feedbacks from the team and I will come back to you with update as soon as I get an answer.

(Ticket 110224: This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers)

Imen

Thanks
Imen
Peter_TEC
Associate II

Hello Imen,

I think this issue is quite critical, since having a proper and correct SVD file for an MCU which is already on the market is quite essential, and improper and incorrect register descriptions are leading to incorrect drivers, source code, which makes the any project using this CPU quite "impossible".

Hi @Peter_TEC​ ,

Please find attached the new SVD file with the fix. All Ethernet fields have been covered basing on the latest release (RM0433).

This file will also be updated under ST website for STM32H7 family in upcoming release (System View Description package V1.7)

We apologize for the trouble and thank you for your patience.

Imen

Thanks
Imen

Thank you Imen!

Its better later, then never 🙂

Hi @Peter_TEC​ ,

I would inform you that the new package version 1.7 is now available on ST web site.

Imen

Thanks
Imen