cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm looking for STM32G Series product.

LSung.1
Associate III

Hello?

As title, I want to know product with USB, FD-CAN, 2~3 DAC, etc.

Problem is USB and HCLK are bound(using external clock), so that upper limit is determined to be low.(48, 96, 144 MHz in maximum 170 MHz)

For that reason, to ask the question, is there a product that has USB+FD-CAN and separated PLLSAI in 32~48 pins package?

Please reply.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The reason you want 64 or 128 or 256 is that the division of SPI can only be done in multiples of 2. If it is 96 or 144, the undesirable reason is that the result does not come out as an integer multiple of 1 MHz when dividing by 128 or by 256.

In addition, RC oscillators are to be avoided because they do not guarantee an accurate frequency.

Neither is important, but I was asking to see if there was a product that would fit both.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AScha.3
Chief II

stm32g0c1cc has all, but no PLLSAI .

why need PLLSAI ??

+

see selector:

https://www.st.com/en/microcontrollers-microprocessors/stm32g0-series.html#products

https://www.st.com/en/microcontrollers-microprocessors/stm32g4-series.html#products

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Piranha
Chief II

Why for USB you cannot use HSI48 with clock recovery from USB SOF sequences?

I want to make 48 Mhz in USB and 64 MHz(or 128 MHz) in HCLK using ​external crystal.

​​If I don't make it separately, I can't make it this way.

As an aside, CUBE doesn't search because it has a DAC. There seems to be an error in MCU/MPU Selector of STM32CubeIDE.

I don't know that clock recovery. I think I need more study.

Is it correct to synchronize with the external clock?

Piranha
Chief II

> 64 MHz(or 128 MHz) in HCLK

So 96 or 144 MHz is too low, but 64 or 128 MHz is OK?

> Is it correct to synchronize with the external clock?

Why would ST put in such a feature? Generally there are two ways how to make 2 frequencies almost the same. Either you make both of those accurate to some defined specification, or one of those synchronizes to the other.

The reason you want 64 or 128 or 256 is that the division of SPI can only be done in multiples of 2. If it is 96 or 144, the undesirable reason is that the result does not come out as an integer multiple of 1 MHz when dividing by 128 or by 256.

In addition, RC oscillators are to be avoided because they do not guarantee an accurate frequency.

Neither is important, but I was asking to see if there was a product that would fit both.

> RC oscillators are to be avoided because they do not guarantee an accurate frequency.

That's why HSI48 oscillator has a synchronization feature on USB SOF.

> does not come out as an integer multiple of 1 MHz when dividing by 128 or by 256

Why is that necessary?