cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install STM32CubeL5 in STM32CubeIDE on Ubuntu 20.04?

MQi.1
Senior II

I have installed STM32CubeIDE on Ubuntu 20.04 and set a project for NUCLEO L552ZE-Q, i want to try examples of STM32L5, and found that it need STM32CubeL5. How to install it ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @MQi.1​ ,

For this purpose, I recommend you the following resources that give you help on using STM32CubeL5 MCU package with provided examples:

• UM2656 Getting started with STM32CubeL5 for STM32L5 Series
  • AN5424 STM32Cube firmware examples for STM32L5 Series.

I hope these resources are helpful for you.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @MQi.1​ ,

You can download the STM32CubeL5 MCU package from STM32CubeMX (integrated with STM32CubeIDE tool) in command-line mode, or using user interface.

You can follow the instruction in the UM1718:

0693W000007Zc4EQAS.jpg 

Please mark my answer as best by clicking on the "Select as Best" button if it fully solved your issue. This will help other users find this solution more quickly.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @MQi.1​ ,

For this purpose, I recommend you the following resources that give you help on using STM32CubeL5 MCU package with provided examples:

• UM2656 Getting started with STM32CubeL5 for STM32L5 Series
  • AN5424 STM32Cube firmware examples for STM32L5 Series.

I hope these resources are helpful for you.

Imen

Thanks
Imen
MQi.1
Senior II

Thanks, Imen, these are just what I want, especially "Getting started with STM32CubeL5 for STM32L5 Series" .

MQi.1
Senior II

I found STM32CubeL5 Firmware Package V1.3.0 / 26-June-2020 has already installed in my STM32CubeIDE, bu how to new a project based on it?

MQi.1
Senior II

Sorry for such a silly question, I found it "Example selector" besides "Board selector".