cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure Ethernet

ggowd.1
Associate III

Hello Team,

Finding difficult to configure ethernet as MII without RTOS in STM32H745I DISCOVER BOARD.
In command prompt when command PING IP address of board is entered every time it shows timeout. Find images enclosed. Kindly guide me. 

Best Regards,
Gagan Gowda 

7 REPLIES 7
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @ggowd.1 

Have you tried this article How to create project for STM32H7 with Ethernet an... - STMicroelectronics Community.

This should be helpful.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

ggowd.1
Associate III

Hello @FBL,

How to create project for STM32H7 with Ethernet an... - STMicroelectronics Community
In this article ethernet is configured with RTOS and I am trying without RTOS. But tried to follow the same steps, still unable to configure.

Best Regards,
Gagan Gowda

ggowd.1
Associate III

Hello Team,

Kindly treat the above message as important. Your timely guidance can save a lot of time.

Thank You!! 

FBL
ST Employee

Hello @ggowd.1 

When not using FreeRTOS, the Ethernet interrupt should be disabled and MX_LWIP_Process should be called periodically (in main loop).

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

ggowd.1
Associate III

Hello @FBL 

Disabled ethernet interrupt and called MX_LWIP_Process periodically (in main loop) but "time out" and "Reply from 192.168.1.10: Destination host unreachable". error is displayed in command prompt. PFA of command prompt error.

Regards
Gagan Gowda

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

@ggowd.1 Unfortunately only examples with FreeRTOS  are provided for this board. Try to build and run these (choose CM7 or CM4 as you need). At least, get to the state of working ping. Then try to "remove"  FreeRTOS.

https://github.com/stm32-hotspot/STM32H7-LwIP-Examples/tree/main/STM32H745_Disco_M7_ETH

https://github.com/stm32-hotspot/STM32H7-LwIP-Examples/tree/main/STM32H745_Disco_M4_ETH

With or without interrupt is not a principal question, even without RTOS you can use the ETH interrupt.