cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write code in Arduino IDE; not uploading to nucleo-f446re

coolingmaster
Visitor

I'm using the nucleo-f446re board. I'm using the mcp2515, BTS7960, and nrf24l01 modules in this board, but I've been using the digital pins repeatedly due to my mistake. These boards and modules are intended to be used for data collection on the vehicle, but when applying external 5V power, I connected the jumper to the E5V position and used it well when uploading the code, I connected the jumper to the U5V. However, at some point, the code is not uploaded and errors are appearing.

coolingmaster_5-1723204454653.png

해당 보드를 STM32CubeProgrammer에 연결해봐도 연결이 되지 않습니다 

coolingmaster_6-1723204539065.png

11 REPLIES 11
TKana.1
Associate III

The debugger is connected but says there is no power at the destination board/MCU:

TKana1_0-1723206285355.png

Tim

I connected to U5V and connected computer and board using USB.

May I know why the voltage is 0.02V?

nucleo.jpg

LD3 red LED is lit. Means you have power at target MCU. I would try to measure actual MCU voltage at CN6 connector and use an external debugger to be sure. Maybe onboard debugger is damaged

Tim

Did you make any other modifications to the board?

You can pull schematics from the "CAD Resources" tab on the product page if you want to trace/follow the circuit

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Among CN6 pins
If you take a picture of 3V3 and GND in a multimeter, it's 0.1V
When I took 5V and GND, 5V came out.
Is there a solution if the onboard debugger is damaged?
Is it a hardware issue or a software issue?

I've never modified it on the board. I've only uploaded and used the code using Arduino IDE. I've tried installing and using the Cubemx program, but it's too difficult to use.

What should I look at the circuit diagram? My major is mechanical engineering, so I am not good at circuit diagram reading..

Either  U4 LD39050PU33R  5V to 3.3V regulator is gone or target MCU. Without any external connection (external power, debugger, any other driver) remove jumper JP6. Make sure that jumper is U5V position. 

Connect only the debugger. See LD3 is lit. Measure voltage of both pins of JP6. One side should have 3.3V. If not, U4 regulator is fried. Worst news is it can be because of target MCU, F446.

If you have 3.3V at one end, U4 is OK but again F446 is gone

Tim

Well you could follow the 5V path to the regulator and how it gets to 3.3V, or not. Think of it like a map.

My guess is that you blew something up when connecting up all the other boards. Especially if those had different supplies, and dodgy ground paths. Use DuPont wires and Bread Boards?

Anything looks or smells like it got hot?

I'm an EE but done a lot of wood and metal work, and gas and water line plumbing, and degree had a shed load of software, computing, machining, material science and chemistry, you should broaden your horizons a little, most stuff needs multi-discipline. 

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

JP5 was set to U5V, JP6 was removed, and then the voltage was measured.
The voltage was measured to be 0.96V.
Is my board dead?
Should I buy a new one?

coolingmaster_1-1723220573995.png