cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32G474RE usb connection failed

Vueko
Associate III

Hi, I just got the nucleo stm32G474RE board and I'm trying to run a simple code with the STM32CubeIDE through Linux ubuntu 22.04 the problem is that my laptop seems to not recognize the board when I am connecting it via USB port literally nothing happens. There is no new window that appear in my computer telling me that a new usb device is connected I know I have the ST-Link drivers already installed since when I'm trying with my nucleo stm32F446RE board everything works fine. I would appreciate if you could help

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

Try to connect with STM32CubeProgrammer. Does the program detect the ST-Link? If not, ensure you're using a USB cable with data lines--some of them only have power for charging.

Does LD1 come on? If so what color and is it flashing?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Vueko and welcome to the Community 🙂

Please try follow this FAQ: USB device not recognized - STMicroelectronics Community

Make sure to upgrade the ST-Link Firmware (go to ST-LINK>firmware update) or through this Link STSW-LINK009.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
TDK
Guru

Try to connect with STM32CubeProgrammer. Does the program detect the ST-Link? If not, ensure you're using a USB cable with data lines--some of them only have power for charging.

Does LD1 come on? If so what color and is it flashing?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Vueko
Associate III

When i connect the board the LD2 LED is flashing in green as expected by reading the user manual. I will try to connect to the STM32CubeProgrammer and keep you posted

The link you provided are only good for Windows, I'am using linux with ubuntu 22.04

Vueko
Associate III

Hello again,

I did install STM32CubeProgrammer for linux and i did connect my stm32G474 board with it and it did not detect it but then I changed cable and it worked... thanks