cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F103C8T6: Unable to connect to connect using ST-Link or UART.

GNorr.2
Associate

Hi everyone, Just FYI this is my first real dive into using STMs so please excuse possible gaps in understanding.

Issue: I have been trying to program an STM Bluepill (STM32F103C8T6) but have been unable to get my pc to detect it and launch in debug mode using STMCubeIDE.

What I have tried:

ST-LINK: I have attempted to use both the STM32CubeProgrammer and STM Link-Utility to connect to the board and get the memory view to display. No amount of configuration has been able to get it to connected. I have looked up some previous posts on the matter and none have helped. (I have tried varying the mode and reset options options according to these post suggestions)

UART: I have also attempted a serial connection but am unable to connect with the following CubeProgrammer output:

10:41:50:393 : Serial Port COM4 is successfully opened.

10:41:50:393 : Port configuration: parity = even, baudrate = 1200, data-bit = 8,                    stop-bit = 1.0, flow-control = off

10:41:50:393 : No Init bits value is : 0

10:41:50:393 : Sending init command:

10:41:51:392 : waitForBytesWritten Error : The wait operation timed out.

10:41:52:392 : Error: Error occured while sending the byte 0x7F!

10:41:52:392 : Error occured while sending Init command.

10:41:52:392 : Error: Activating device: KO. Please, verify the boot mode configuration and check the serial port configuration. Reset your device then try again...

10:41:52:419 : UART PORT CLOSE

(Varying baud rate to its lowest value has not helped)

Any suggestions are welcome ��

2 REPLIES 2
gbm
Lead III
  1. Check that you have the proper connections: GND and data. Make sure te BluePill is powered.
  2. Set the BluePill to boot mode - BOOT0 low.
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Well, the topic of Blue Pill has been discussed here several times (e.g. here or there), because only fakes have been installed there for a long time. These counterfeits look like originals, but behave differently and are very often rightly rejected by the STMicroelectronics software. Presumably you also have such a Blue Pill board with a fake on it?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.